You Own Your Own Body
- Your body belongs to you!
- You can decide who touches you. Everybody needs privacy sometimes.
- If you feel like something's wrong – you are right!
Know the rules to keep yourself safe! Learn what to do if someone breaks the rules! SAFETY RULES
- No one (strangers OR people we know) should touch you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- If a hug or a kiss makes you feel happy - it's a good touch. But if it doesn't feel right - if it makes you feel weird, confused or uncomfortable......
You can say... "NO please stop"
- If a touch starts out okay but then we don't like it (like tickling or wrestling) – you can ask the person to stop – even people who are older or bigger than you.
- No one should try to look at or touch private parts of your body – OR – ask you to look at or touch private parts of their body (except perhaps a doctor or when parents help you to keep clean when you are very young).
- No one should ever ask you to keep a touching secret.
- If someone touches or tries to touch you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, tell an adult you trust. If they don't believe you or understand you, keep telling until someone believes you.
- Tell a grown up you trust what happened.
- It is never too late to tell! If you tell and are not believed – tell another person and keep telling until someone believes you!
- It is NEVER your fault – even if you couldn't say no or something happened many times. It is NEVER your fault. It is against the law and it is the older person's fault!